Thursday, June 10, 2010

Glazed Meatballs

094

My kids love meatballs – Meatball sub sandwiches, Swedish meatballs, etc… – so I was thrilled when I figured out that I could turn one of our favorite appetizers into a main dish for my little meatball lovers. 

Ingredients:

  • 1 jar (12 ounce) of grape jelly
  • 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
  • 1 bag (16 ounce) of frozen original meatballs

Directions:

  1. Combine jelly and barbecue sauce in a large saucepan
  2. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until jelly melts.
  3. Add meatballs and cook over low-medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
  4. Stir occasionally until meatballs are hot and glazed with sauce.
  5. Enjoy!

I mentioned that this was originally an appetizer so at this point you can would normally serve these in a crock pot or buffet slow cooker set on low.  As you can tell from the photo above, we like to eat this as our main dish over egg noodles.  Either way, it is a really easy and yummy dish. 
Signature_Brown

No comments: